Share with your friends:
Cape Talk – Five years ago the Rainbow Academy was born – a performing arts and business skills initiative that takes talented kids from economically disadvantaged areas and trains them in a one year tertiary education programme. Now, more than 100 kids have benefitted and found employment. The Academy showcases the amazing talent we have in our City.
They have been doing great work, helping talented people come closer to their dreams.
Radio Pulpit – The Rainbow Academy is Cape Town’s much loved performing arts and business school.
We chat to principal, Thenjiwe Mgedisi, about the academy, who it serves and some of the success of the last 5 years in which the school has been serving Cape Town’s youth.
July Madiba Recital
Mandela Day TV Performance
Rainbow Academy students show off their skills
This nonprofit teaches arts and business to disadvantaged students
Other 2015 Performance Highlights for The Academy include:
• Opening of The Iziko Museum Night (February 2015)
• Performance in The Cape Town Carnival (March 2015 )
• Performance for “Infecting The City” (March 2015)
• Performance in the Ubuntu Festival (March 2015)
• Performance for the 2015 Unogwaja Challenge (May 2015)
• Performance at The Business Bridge Initiative Graduation Ceremony at Cape Town Stadium (March)
• Corporate events at The CTICC and International Hotel School (June 2015)
• Launch of The President Hotel, Bantry Bay (July 2015)
• Launch of Ethiopian Airlines and National Board of Health Awards Ceremony (July 2015)
• Live Performances in The Cape Town Partnership City Walks #WalkCapeTown
• Heritage Day Performance at The President Hotel (24th September)
• Halloween Gala Dinner Extravaganza (October 2015)
• Quarterly Performance Recitals
For more information on our entertainment services or to book live shows and bands for your function or event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.rainbowacademy.co.za